Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Humility and Obedience

Jason Mattos


               Obedience is something that's part of my day to day life. Everyday, my parents have something for me to do , either around the house, taking out trash, and other everyday chores. I can be disobedient sometimes, lazy, and the consequence from that is I lose trust from them, and not being able to do what I want. We always gain trust when we do what we're asked, and they'll think that this person is a good person, who does what he/she's asked. Not obeying leads to problems around the house, and it can lead to arguments and fights, and in the end, we're grounded, which I think every teen does not like. I find it funny that when we do something we want, we ask our parents, and act all innocent, and always say please, but when they ask you, we act in a very lazy manner as I mentioned before.
                Humility is a virtue that connects with obedience very well. Humility is something that a lot of people are struggling to learn; even I sometimes am ignorant to that word. For example, you have a talent, and a stranger comes up to you, and says you are very good at what you do, and you say "No I'm really not." But when a person criticizes you, we tend to agree. We always reject the compliment, and accept the critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment