Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Traveling Light

Some psychological baggage that I carry around with me are regrets.  People say to live life without regrets, so I don't really need this baggage with me all of the time. Although most of the times, they can weigh me them. Some people who might help me let go of it, if I wanted to, would be my family and friends. The reason for this is because I am always with them. If I am always depressed around them it could have an effect on them. By this, I mean that I could be a buzz kill or a party pooper etc. Losing the ones that I care for most would be another regret that I will have to carry as a psychological baggage. One thing I realized was that having a psychological baggage hold you back from enjoying many things in life. After all, we are on this planet for a limited amount of time.

Yes, I do think it's possible that someone's material possessions can become as much of a burden and life as they are a pleasure. An example of this would be money. I remember one of my friends asking me a very trick question. The question was, "Would you rather be rich and angry, or poor and happy." Many people who put money before other needs would rather be rich and angry. Although some wise people would realize that having all the money in the world does not determine your happiness. There have been examples of this on television. People can prevent this from happening by living in the moment because the world will not be here for the rest of eternity. Also by enjoying the company of their loved ones because they won't be here forever. But most importantly living life to the fullest without any regrets.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with his claim because in our generation, we tend to worship our possessions such as our phones, tablets, etc., but the most common money. what you have does not determine your happiness. It is the company of others and love ones that give everyday meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with your claim. In this society people tend to put money first. They think that money buys us happiness which is not true. We don't find joy in all the things we posses and it weighs us down.

    ReplyDelete